Your Vessel is lifted using our Boat Lift.
Booking the lifting of a Vessel is dependant on its draft, the tide and scheduled length of stay.
- The Boat Lift is set up so that it can lift an array of different types of vessels including runabouts, yachts, motor cruisers, and wide vessels such as houseboats and catamarans up to 9.5m in Beam.
- Now we have to set up the Lift for your Vessel. In preparation for your Vessel lifting we will have to obtain from you all the relevant data, unless it is not the first time, and you have provided it before. In this case we have all the data on record.
- When the keel supports have been placed in position and the arms located to hold the boat, the Boat Lift is ready to be sunk to maneuver the boat into position.
- The vessel is literally lifted by air. The keel is supported in multiple locations. The vessel is supported with side arms to the gunnels. Support to gunnels does not cover spots on the hull which are difficult to access for painting and polishing, and does not require repositioning of the supports, which is usually chargeable.
- At this point the Vessel and Boat Lift are checked for safety and the area is declared ready for work to proceed.
The relevant data includes measurements, out-of-water photographs of the Vessel previously lifted elsewhere, seaworthiness, floatation/structural/mechanical problems and any known relevant issues. We must rely on the information provided by you.