Killcare Marina are independent boat insurance agents for the two leading and most respected marine insurance companies in Australia (Nautilus Marine and Club Marine).
Waterways can be treacherous at times and accidents inevitably happen – minor boating accidents are not uncommon, but can be costly, so finding the right insurance cover for your boat is a smart way to protect your investment.
- As agents for these two insurance companies the dedicated team at the Marina can arrange your boat insurance cover at very competitive rates.
- If you are intending on getting your boat insured or would like us to do comparative quotes at the time of renewal please contact us.
As agents for these two insurance companies the dedicated team at the Marina can arrange your boat insurance cover at very competitive rates.
The advantages of having Killcare Marina assist with your boat insurance are:
- We can help with all aspects of the insurance process from obtaining quotes, to assisting with completing the application form right through to the claims process.
- We have established relationships with the Insurers and Underwriters and can liaise directly with the appropriate person.
Hopefully you will never need to make a claim, but if you do
- We can assist with the paperwork, with liaising with the claim manager and assisting with the necessary surveys and boat repairs that may need to be done.
- We have access to a network of external suppliers for the insurance process.
- We are a a “One Stop Shop” where in the event of an insurance claim we have onsite: a shipwright, a marine mechanic, a marine electrician and a marine upholsterer.
- With our facility we can lift for repair different types of vessels including runabouts, yachts, motor cruisers, and wide vessels such as houseboats and catamarans up to 9.5m in Beam.
Our facility is capable of slipping vessels to 9.5m (31') in Beam, 15m (49') in Length, and 12t in Weight.
A wide range of policy options under both insurers are available including:
- Third Party Only.
- Extended Blue Water Yacht Racing*.
- Blue Water Cruising*.
- Commercial Use*.
- Transit Risk.
Insurers consider many factors when deciding whether or not to offer a policy. The following factors need to be considered when applying for Boat Insurance:
- Type of Cover (Comprehensive or Third Party cover) / Value.
- Boat Type / Boat Age / Hull Make / Length of Boat / Boat Storage.
- Motor Type & Age / Speed / Horsepower / Fuel Type.
- If you have had any at fault boat insurance claims in the last 5 years.
Nautilus Marine Insurance Agency Pty Ltd are specialists in assisting with your boat insurance, with over 100 years experience in boat insurance. Nautilus is underwritten by AIG Australia Limited.
Nautilus Marine has developed a radical and fresh approach to the insurance of pleasure craft.
This insurance can cover the following craft:
- Runabouts / Cruisers / Yachts / Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) / Off The Beach Yachts.
Insurance designed by boating people, for boating people. Specialising in Pleasure Craft insurance for more than 45 years, Club Marine is underwritten by Allianz Australia.
Club Marine Pleasure Craft Insurance offers:
- Cover for your boat, motor and trailer, all in one policy.
- Australia-wide cover, up to 250 nautical miles off the coast.
- Options for the cover you need – lay up cover, racing cover, water skiers liability, liability limits and agreed values.
- Up to $10,000 for fishing gear, skiing or diving equipment and tools on board.
- When you arrange insurance for your boat with Club Marine you are not just a number on a policy - you become a member of a club and you receive an individual card that entitles you to a whole range of exclusive services and benefits.
- Up to $5,000 in Club Care Benefits to help you out in an emergency.
- Club Assist – advice, assistance, directions and personal service, 24/7.
- Exclusive discounts and benefits as a Club Marine Member.